Saudi Arabia’s General Directorate of Traffic (GDT) has launched the digital version of the driver’s license through the Ministry of Interior’s electronic application “Absher Individuals” and the “Tawakkalna” application.
How to Activate Digital Driving License in Absher?
According to the GDT, security authorities have authorized the digital version of the driver’s license, which was developed in collaboration with the Saudi Authority for Data and Artificial Intelligence (SDAIA).
Moroor explained that Digital Driving License allows its holder to download the license data on smartphones through Absher Individuals app, it can be showed to the traffic man in case of not carrying original license.
In order to activate the digital driving license through the Absher Individual, you need to;
- Download the “Absher Individual” application from Play Store or iTunes.
- Log in to the application using your Absher account or Create an account (If you dont have account already).
- Click on “My Services”.
- Select “Activate Digital ID” option.
- Click on the “Activate Driver’s Licence Digital”.
- You have successfully activated your digital version of driving license. You can view the ID data electronically through the variable QR code on the application. The beneficiaries can screenshot a copy of the Digital ID on the smart device to take advantage of it without the need to connect to the Internet.