The Ministry of Interior has launched a new application that allows citizen and citizen to activate digital (ID) through their Absher account.
In this way, if someone is not carrying the (Expats) Iqama or (Saudis) National id, he can show the digital ID through the “Absher Afrad” (Absher Individuals) application to the Saudi officials. In this way, individual can get away with the violations for not carrying ID.
How to Activate Digital ID Card in Absher?
Prince Bandar Al-Mashari, assistant minister of interior for technical affairs, announced that under the ministry’s digital transformation drive, Saudi citizens and expatriates do not require carrying plastic documents of their national identity, residency permit (iqama), driving license, and vehicle’s registration (istimara).
In order to activate the digital Iqama or ID through the Absher Individual, you need to;
- Download the “Absher Individual” application from Play Store or iTunes.
- Log in to the application using your Absher account or Create an account (If you dont have account already).
- Click on “My Services”.
- Select “Activate Digital ID” option.
- Scroll down and click on the “Activate Digital ID” button again.
- You have successfully activated your digital ID card. You can view the ID data electronically through the variable QR code on the application. The beneficiaries can screenshot a copy of the Digital ID on the smart device to take advantage of it without the need to connect to the Internet.