Residence permits in Saudi Arabia are required to be renewed periodically. Iqama renewal requires certain fee payments such as work permit fees and MOI Iqama fees. If an expatriate has family members under his sponsorship, he must pay the dependent levy for each member to get Iqama renewed in 2022.
Also Read: Self Cancel Issued Exit Re-Entry or Final Exit visa Online through Absher
House drivers (Saiq Khas), home-makers, and other domestic workers are exempt from work permit fees (Maktab Amal Fees). Small establishments with five or fewer employees are also exempt from work permit fees (if the owner of the firm registered himself as a worker).
Saudi Arabia is now allowed to issue and renew residency permits and work permits for three months as a minimum period. This will enable individuals and companies to pay Iqama renewal fees quarterly instead of annually.
Work permit fees (Maktab Amal Levy)
Work Permit Fees: SR 700 or SR 800 per month (Based on Saudization in Company)
- Maktab Amal fee for 3 months: SR 2400.
- Maktab Amal fee for 6 months: SR 4800.
- Maktab Amal fee for 9 months: SR 7200.
- Maktab Amal fee for 1 year: SR 9600.
MOI Iqama Fees
- Iqama Fee for 3 months: SR 163.
- Iqama Fee for 6 months: SR 325.
- Iqama Fee for 9 months: SR 488.
- Iqama Fee for 1 year: SR 650.
Dependent Tax (Levy)
- Dependent Fee for 3 months: SR 1200 per dependent.
- Dependent Fee for 6 months: SR 2400 per dependent.
- Dependent Fee for 9 months: SR 3600 per dependent.
- Dependent Fee for 1 year: SR 4800 per dependent.
Iqama Expiry & Iqama Renewal Responsibility
If Iqama expires, there will be a penalty of SR 500 for the first time and SR 1,000 for the second time for failing to renew the Iqama.
Most Trending: Transfer of Dependents Sponsorship online for Expats
Renewal of Iqama is the responsbility of employer as Saudi Labor Law Article 40 (1). Employer has to pay for iqama renewal, health care and insurance of an employee.
For the latest updates, you can like our Facebook page
Join our Facebook Food Group Foodaholics - Riyadh and share your experience there.
Have a question to ask? Send message on Facebook.