Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development announced transfer of dependents sponsorship (kafeel) online for Expatriates. This will save huge queues and time for the expatriates living in the Kingdom. The online electronic service is only for people who have dependents and they wish to transfer them to private sector establishments.
- Transfer Son/Daughter iqama to another sponsorship.
- Iqama transfer of Wife from Father to Husband.
- Iqama transfer from a company to a husband/father.
- Iqama transfer of family members after the death of the father.
- Transfer dependent Iqama from Father to Mother.
Expats can now Transfer Kafala (Iqama) of Dependents Online
The service will allow transfer from anywhere with online access. The application will need to submit online for this service. Dependents will need to visit the online Ministry’s portal. Look for a request icon for transferring a dependent and choose the profession. Once this request has submitted as an application online, the status will appear for pending approval of the guardian. Guardian meaning the dependent is in current sponsorship, in most cases parent or spouse.
The guardian can approve or reject the request of transfer via Absher Portal. They will need to enter dependent details on the National Access service. In case of approval by Guardian, MOI will approach Jawazat within 14 days to complete the process. Here is a checklist of what things you will require.
- Fees should be paid via online means, this bank or card should be on the dependent name.
- ID Number of the dependent.
- The dependent should be 18 years of age or above for transfer.
- Valid Iqama or Residence Permit should be available.
- Should not be of any nationalities where the transfer of sponsorship is banned.