The General Directorate of Passports (Jawazat) announced that expats can convert a family visit visa to Muqeem identity card or a permanent family visa in Saudi Arabia for your children only if the following two requirements are met;
- Both parents have an Iqama.
- Children are below 18 years old.
Children’s visit visa can be transferred to Iqama
In a tweet, Jawazat has also confirmed that the visit visa for children can be transfer to Iqama if both the parents have a valid Iqama.
- Children’s Birth Certificate attested by the Saudi Embassy + MOFA KSA.
- Children’s Vaccination Cards.
- Children’s Original Passports.
- Passport size photo of the child.
- Iqama copies of parents.
- Passport copies of parents.
- Medical Insurance for children with your insurance company.
- Marriage certificate attested by the Saudi Embassy + MOFA KSA.
- Letter from the Employer of the parents requesting Jawazat to convert the visit visa into Iqama duly attested by the Chamber of Commerce.
- Filled visa application form to convert family visit visa to Iqama.
- Payment of SR 2,000 fee.
- Jawazat Appointment.
Convert family visit visa to Iqama
Step 1: Jawazat Appointment
You need to get a Jawazat appointment from Absher with the option “Resident Services” to enter the passport office.
- Jeddah: Jawazat Rehab.
- Riyadh: Jawazat King Fahad Road.
Step 2: Visit Jawazat.
Once you have all the above-mentioned required documents, go to the Jawazat office in your city which deals with family matters.
Submit all your documents on the prescribed window, the Jawazat officer will verify them and request the cancellation of the Family Visit Visa on your child’s passport.
Step 3: Second Visit Jawazat.
After almost one week of submitting the passports, visit the same Jawazat office again to check if your request has been accepted. He will ask you to pay dependent levy fee.
Step 4: Pay the dependent fee.
If the request is accepted, pay the dependent fee up to your iqama expiry date for all your children.
Step 5: Convert Family Visit Visa
Go back to the same window with the payment proof, the Jawazat officer will convert the family visit visa to Iqama or a permanent family visa in Saudi Arabia and issue you the following document.
Step 6: Print the Iqama ID.
Now take this paper to the window where iqama is printed, the officer will immediately print the iqama card.
That’s it you have successfully converted your family visit visa into a permanent family visa.
Source: Saudi Gazzette
For the latest updates, you can like our Facebook page
Join our Facebook Food Group Foodaholics - Riyadh and share your experience there.
Have a question to ask? Send message on Facebook.