The Ministry of Interior has eased the coronavirus restrictions in Saudi Arabia for those who have received both vaccine doses as a result of which people are not required to wear Facemasks outdoor in public places.
Reducing health precautions in the Kingdom, starting from Sunday October 17, 2021
- No need to wear facemask in outdoor public places except for the excluded places.
- People who have not taken 2 doses of the vaccine against Covid-19 are still required to wear facemask at all places like usual.
- People are still required to wear facemasks in indoor public places.
- Saudi Arabia has allowed Masjid al-Haram and Masjid al Nabawi to operate with full capacity while workers and pilgrims are still required to wear facemasks. However, you still need an Umrah permit.
- No restriction on the number of people to attend the wedding gatherings. However, the guests are still required to wear the facemask.
- No social distancing is required at public places e.g. transport, restaurants, cinemas.