As earlier, Saudi Arabia announced to lift curfew from Kingdom but Makkah was excluded . The Saudi Interior Ministry announced the procedure of lifting the partial curfew from city Makkah, adding that the process will take place in two phases. The first phase starts from Sunday, 31st May 2020, and the second phase on 21st June 2020. As per official tweet from Authority shown below.
Makkah City Lifting Curfew in Two Phases
Phase 1 – from 31st May 2020
- People will be allowed to move from 6 am to 3 pm.
- Entry and Exit allowed from Makkah.
- Continuation of all activities excluded from previous decisions.
- Walking permits to be allowed through out the day.
- Worshipers still not allowed in Holy Mosques but prayers will take place with proper precautionary measures.
Phase 2 – from 21st June
- The time of curfew will change and people will be allowed to go out from 6 am to 8 pm in the evening.
- Mosques will be allowed to hold prayers with social distancing and health measures.
- Walking permits to be continue throughout the day.
- Some economic and commercial activities will resume which includes indoors orders in restaurants and cafes.
- Beauty Salons, barbershops, gyms, recreational centers, and other activities that can’t ensure physical distance still will be prohibited until further notice.
- More than 50 people gathering will be prevented. This includes wedding occasions and funerals.
- Some neighborhoods of Makkah isolated, following previous guidelines.