Saudi Arabia announced that the Grand Mosque and the Prophet’s Mosque in Madinah will gradually open to the worshipers starting Sunday, 31st May 2020 from Fajr prayer with coronavirus preventive measures.
Read More: COVID-19 Guidance for All Prayers at Mosques
Saudi Arabia opens Al Masjid an Nabawi to the Public
The General Presidency for the Affairs of the Two Holy Mosques implemented several Covid-19 precautionary measures including:
- Removing all prayer carpets from the Prophet’s Mosque courtyards.
- Worshipers will pray on the marble floors.
- Worshipers should wear face masks.
- Worshipers should practice social distancing while praying with others in all prayers.
- Worshipers should bring their own prayer mats to pray on for safety.
- Supply of Zamzam water will remain suspended.
- Mosque will be closed at 40% capacity.
- Children are not permitted to enter.
- The Old Mosque and Ziyarah (Visiting) to the Rawdah (Resting place of Prophet (PBUH) ) and Riyadh Al Jannah will remain suspended.